Foreign Correspondents In Italy

Nov 03, 2020

NON EU Foreign Correspondents do not need a work permit to work in Italy. 

Accreditation with the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation through the Press Accreditation Portal is required.

For the purpose of accreditation a letter from the Editor and a “verbal note” from the relevant Foreign Embassy will be required.

Once accreditation is complete, the Institutional Press and Communication Service issues a clearance to the Italian Diplomatic Representation abroad, where the journalist will apply for the work visa.

Non-EU correspondents of foreign press organisations can be granted the following types of visa:

Work Visa: this is usually issued to long term foreign correspondents who will be based in Italy and will therefore need a permit of stay to live and work in the country

Mission Visa: this can be issued to foreign journalists who work for state press organisations or to journalists that intend to come to Italy to participate in short-term missions.

  • Contact us

    To request an initial assessment or to arrange a consultation call with one of our consultants, please provide us with your contact details and we will get back to you within the next 24 (working) hours.

    Get in touch →
  • MAZZESCHI S.r.l. - C.F e P.IVA 01200160529 - Cap.Soc. 10.000 € I.V. - Reg. Imp. Siena 01200160529 - REA SI-128403 - Privacy Notice - Cookies Policy
    Copyright © 2019 by Mazzeschi - Web Designer Alessio Piazzini Creazione siti web Firenze