Immigration Solutions for Individuals

With a considerable number of Immigration cases successfully completed each year, we make the Italian work permit and residence permit application much easier for you and your family.

Contact Us

Immigration Solutions for HNW Individuals, Families and Investors

We provide comprehensive legal advice and practical assistance for inbound immigration, our vast experience allows us to offer high-quality and structured immigration services. With our team of experienced lawyers and multilingual immigration consultants, all necessary permits and visas will be in place with ease, allowing you and your family to live and work in Italy.

We can assist clients with every step of the process, from the initial work permit (Nulla Osta) application with the Immigration Office (Sportello Unico per l’Immigrazione) until the final collection of the residence permit. Through our network of 100+ local consultants, we accompany our clients in person in all major cities in Italy and guarantee a complete and well-presented application to achieve a higher chance of success.

If you are looking for an immigration service provider in Italy, contact us for an initial consultation and price quote by filling out the online form, or send an email to Our immigration consultants will reach out to you shortly via email. Please note that in case of complex issues we may require a consultation fee for the initial assessment and schedule a 30 minutes call with one of our immigration experts.

Our services include:
  • Legal advice on immigration compliance
  • Provide drafts and advise on documentations
  • Prepare and submit work permit application
  • Provide guidelines on Visa application
  • Practical assistance and personal accompany for contract of stay application
  • Practical assistance and personal accompany for all appointment regarding to residence permit application
Extra Services:
  • Document translation and Attestation
  • Legalization / Apostille
  • Posted worker notification
  • Residency registration with Town-hall & ID card application
  • Health National Service registration
  • SPID / PEC / CIE / Digital Signature
  • Home feasibility certificate

Investors & High net worth individuals

We provide comprehensive legal advice and practical assistance investors who intend to invest and relocate in Italy. We provide legal advices also for HNW individuals who intend to retire or relocate in Italy.

This is a visa for investors seeking to enter Italy to engage in capital investments that benefit the Italian economy. The Investors’ Visa can be obtained by purchasing Italian government bonds, investing in an Italian company/start-up, donating in philanthropic projects of public interest.


ERV requires the applicant to show a minimum passive income of no less than € 31,000/year and to have a suitable accommodation in Italy. Consulates focus their scrutiny on the ability of the applicants to prove a stable and substantial income not deriving from work sources, and to confirm the applicants’ intention to live permanently in the country without working.


Entrepreneurs & Startups

We provide comprehensive legal advice and practical assistance for entrepreneurs intending to set up or invest in a business or an innovative startup, and obtain a permit which allows them to work and live in Italy.

The “start-up visa” is aimed to non-EU nationals intending to set up an innovative start-up business (companies must meet the conditions set forth by law 221/2012) or to join an already established startup Company.


With few exceptions, Italy allows foreigners to register a new ordinary company entirely owned by foreign individuals or companies. If the company is adequately funded, it can hire immediately non- EU highly skilled workers, without need of hiring a certain number of local workers.


The type and number of self-employment (lavoro autonomo) authorizations available to non-EU nationals are set by means of the quota decree. Not all self-employment categories are available each year.


International Students

A study visa (visto studio) can be issued to students enrolled in Italian Universities, courses held by recognized Schools, students participating in exchange and mobility programs or for internships. The holder of a study visa must apply for a residence permit (permesso di soggiorno studio) within 8 days of arrival in Italy. Holders of a Study Permit can work in Italy for a max 20 hours a week and 1040 hours yearly; if they want to work full time, they must apply for a conversion from a study permit to a permit for work reasons (permesso di soggiorno per lavoro subordinato/autonomo)

Holders of a Study Permit can work in Italy only for a maximum of 20 hours a week and 1040 hours yearly. Depending on a number of factors, they can apply for a conversion (conversione) of their permit to a permit which allows them to work full time and to remain in Italy after the expiration of the study permit. Holders of an EU residence permit for long term residents can apply for a conversion of their permit into an Italian permit for work.


Family and Spouse

Generally speaking, any foreign national legally residing in Italy or in possession of a visa of at least 1 year has the right to have family members joining. EU Citizens have the right to enter and stay freely in Italy and similar provisions apply to family members accompanying or joining the EU citizen.


Italian law provides for a general rule according to which non-EU individuals need to obtain a permit of stay (issued by the Police) to be registered with the local Municipality.


Other services

After five years of legal stay and provided the eligibility requirements are met, a foreign national can apply for permanent residency i.e. EU residence permit for long term residents (Permesso di soggiorno UE per soggiornanti di lungo periodo), valid indefinitely. Main requirements are: • have a minimum income no lower than the annual amount of the welfare allowance • be regular resident of Italy for at least 5 years • provide police clearances certificates • pass an Italian language test, equivalent to the A2 level. • have a suitable accommodation

Italy is a member State of the European Union. Under the EU principle of freedom of movement and establishment, EU citizens can live and work in Italy without the need of a work permit. Any EU citizens who intend to transfer residency in Italy and are therefore willing to stay for a period exceeding 3 months must register with local authorities (Comune i.e. local municipality). EEA/EFTA nationals enjoy the same treatment as EU citizens in terms of freedom of movement.

British Citizens in Italy after Brexit - Italian Law provides for that Brits, like any other EU nationals, who intend to stay in Italy for a period exceeding three months should register with the Anagrafe (Register Office) of the Municipality where they live.


The U.S. Consulate in Milan does not provide fingerprinting services. The central Police Station of Milano (Questura) can provide this service (each request shall however be evaluated and approved from time time) for which they will need:

(i) an application specifying the reasons and purpose of the request;
(ii) a copy of the applicant’s passport and a telephone number where he/she can be contacted
(iii) the applicant must submit the specific form which must be use

Once the form is finalized, it will be delivered directly to the individual (it cannot be sent to any third party or Office).

Please contact us if you need our assistance in contacting the Police and in sending the application via PEC (Certified email).

  • Contact us

    To request an initial assessment or to arrange a consultation call with one of our consultants, please provide us with your contact details and we will get back to you within the next 24 (working) hours.

    Get in touch →
  • MAZZESCHI S.r.l. - C.F e P.IVA 01200160529 - Cap.Soc. 10.000 € I.V. - Reg. Imp. Siena 01200160529 - REA SI-128403 - Privacy Notice - Cookies Policy
    Copyright © 2019 by Mazzeschi - Web Designer Alessio Piazzini Creazione siti web Firenze
  • Mazzeschi S.r.l. | Operazione/Progetto finanziato nel quadro del POR FESR Toscana 2014-2020
    Il progetto ITACA (ITaly Attract ChinA) è un investimento nei paesi/mercati a lingua cinese, in particolare Taiwan con l’obiettivo di accrescere le quote di mercato dell'azienda. Tramite ITACA la Mazzeschi Srl ha aperto un ufficio a Taiwan con assunzione di personale di lingua cinese, creato un sito internet in lingua cinese e partecipato a fiere e varie attività di promozione a Taiwan.

    Mazzeschi S.r.l. | Project co-financed under Tuscany POR FESR 2014-2020
    The ITACA project (ITaly Attract ChinA) is a fund to invest in Chinese-speaking countries/markets, in particular Taiwan with the aim of increasing the company's market shares. With the help of ITACA project, Mazzeschi Srl has opened an office in Taiwan and has hired a Chinese-speaking staff, created a Chinese website and participated in fairs and various promotional activities in Taiwan.